Central development objectives:
In December 2009, the below development objectives have been presented for Lapland of experiences, culture and tourism.
Implementing a service unit for research archives and digitization of northern culture to serve the needs of teaching and research as well as product and service development.
Developing and supporting the production of documentary films on northern culture. Developing new types of northern tourism routes basing on historic events or people. Developing cultural tourism.
In all these objectives, new dimensions are created in the following ways:
- a fresh attitude toward the history of Lapland
- using applied visual arts
- interactive expression of sound and communication
- marketing communication
- new business models in tourism
- stage skills
- putting geographic information to use
- social media
- accessibility in moving